Soap & Glory Super-Colour Sexy Mother Pucker - Lip Plumping Gloss

5 comments

All I want in life is lips like Angelina Jolie's. Her lips are to die for, so plump and big and gorgeous. Urgh. Life just isn't fair, why did I have to be born with teeny tiny horrible lips? 

With that in mind, the other day whilst I was doing my weekly wander around town I decided to pick up Soap & Glory's famous lip plumping gloss - Sexy Mother Pucker. The name is so cheeky, I love it! Soap & Glory say that this gloss uses lipswell natural plant oil infusion and superfill volume making microspheres to give you that perfect plumped up look. I have no idea what either of those things are but they sounded great and extremely promising. 

I picked up the clear version although there are quite a few colours to choose from. It's basically just a normal lip gloss that uses this "special" technology to create an almost "I've just had my lips stung by a bee" look which is achieved by irritating the lips until they swell. The packaging for this product is adorable, which is something I find with all Soap & Glory products. They're just so pretty and girly. 


When I put this gloss onto my lips it of course stung a little bit. It sort of feels like pins and needles but it isn't unpleasant. The stinging lasts a good 10-15 minutes, but even after the stinging stopped I didn't see too much of a difference. My lips were slightly fuller and seemed to be less creased but it wasn't something that was instantly noticeable and I began to wonder why I'd bothered to sit through 15 minutes of stinging for barely any results. The gloss does make your lips extremely shiney, which I guess also helps to create a fuller lip look. 

One thing I didn't really like about this gloss (aside from the fact that it barely worked) was that it was super super sticky. It reminds me of those cheap lipglosses you used to get in magazines as a kid. Cheap and sticky and not pleasant at all. 


This is something that I probably wouldn't buy again, it just doesn't do what it promises and it's only redeeming feature is how cute the packaging is. I guess I'll have to live without having sexy plump lips forever. How sad. 
SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments:

  1. Such a shame, I love their products x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two of these lipglosses and I dont like them either:(

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's such a shame you don't like it, i have one (it's in different packaging) but i really like it haha, nice post :)

    http://bsarahoates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is probably why I don't get glosses much, i hate the stickiness
    Such a shame really

    love victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when lip plumping products disappoint - you have to go through the stinging for nothing!
    I have been tempted to try this one but probably wont now - let me know it you find one!

    http://whatconnieloves.blogspot.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single message I get! x

BLOGSPOT & BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig