Makeup Revolution Lipsticks & Swatches

10 comments

Just a warning to you all that this post is extremely photo heavy! I got a bit over excited! The other day I ordered a few (a few means 7) lipsticks from Makeup Revolution, all for just £1 each. Bargain, bargain, bargain alert. 

First things first, I'm sure you're thinking "well, these look a lot like another budget makeup brand...what's up with that?" and you would be correct. It's hard not to draw parallels with MUA, not just in how they look but in fantastic quality. Each of the lipsticks are glossy, apply beautifully and they have that nice vanilla-y smell that sort of reminds me of MAC lipsticks but not as strong, it is the same sort of formula that MUA use in their lipsticks although I do think I prefer Makeup Revolutions formula better, it seems to me that the colours are a lot stronger. All of them are extremely moisturising on the lips and you can tell that they are of high quality. Another amazing thing about these lipsticks is that they last for such a long time once applied. I wore the nude coloured one all day yesterday without once having to reapply. I was seriously amazed! 

Now to each individual lipstick: 

Dusky is a stunning, shimmery pink colour that looks so pretty on my pale skin. I think that this is the perfect colour for Summer.


Reckless is a very dark, almost glittery red. It really packs a punch on the lips, great for those days when you're feeling dark and dangerous. I adore this shade, it's definitely my favourite of the bunch.


Crime is one of two lipsticks I bought from the Scandalous range. It's a very bright fuchsia colour with a purple undertone. 


Bliss, another one of my favourites! It's such a gorgeous pinky nude colour. Perfect for casual days when you just need a slight pop of colour on your lips.


Vice is the second lipstick I ordered from the Scandalous range. It's a very bright orange colour that reminds me a little of MAC's Morange (only less pigmented).


Nude does what it says on the tin. It's a very pretty nude shade that I feel could be worn nicely with any skin tone. Such a pretty shade.


Divine is last but not least. This is a gorgeous nude-pink colour.


What do you think of these lipsticks then? Have you ever tried anything from Makeup Revolution? If not I urge that you do because for the price they are fantastic. You can get them at Superdrug or online here.

Speaking of lipsticks! Make sure you check out my MAC lipstick giveaway. You could win a lipstick of your choice - click here.
SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

10 comments:

  1. Those lippies are gorgeous! I received my order from Make-Up Revolution yesterday and just in the middle of writing my review up :)
    Love you photos, you've tempted me to spend more on their website now :)

    Brogan Jay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such gorgeous colours, cant believe that they were only £1 each!

    http://velvet-winter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Spain: great colors. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the orange hahahaha!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah they look so great, and for only £1!!

    http://daisychainprincess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. these sound great
    I've never heard of this brand before but will have to try it out
    the colours are lovely
    Rachel XX
    http://bubbleblush11.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg these shades are amazing :) I love the pink and the orange one :)

    http://yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bliss is my favorite! Such a deal for a buck each! xx
    Rena @ Kiss and Make Up // 150 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy about the Bliss shade. Makeup Revolution is something I'm going to look into!

    Thank you so much for the follow. I love your blog, dear.

    xx,
    http://tinydarling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen these before?! I'm a fan of MUAs so i'm gonna have to try these out too
    love victoriajanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single message I get! x

BLOGSPOT & BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig