Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara

5 comments

I don't enjoy writing negative reviews but I feel so conned by the advert for Rimmel's Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara that I have no choice. 

Rimmel states that this mascara: has a hour-glass brush shaped to the lash line to plump lashes, fanning them up and out for bold, wide-eyed volume.Coats lashes individually for a big, false lash look in one simple stroke. No clumps!

Wrong. Unfortunately I found that this mascara left me with a lot of clumps, this is because I had to really coat it on to get any sort of eyelash transformation. Even after 3 coats I couldn't see any change in the length or thickness of my eyelashes. They just looked slightly blacker and a hell of a lot heavier. Then came the clumps. There was no false eyelash effect, just clumpy thick lashes that felt heavy and made me feel ever so slightly dizzy. Another thing that I found with this mascara is that the product dried too quickly on my lashes and would shed during the day. I'm not one to mess with my mascara but I found myself having to pull it off at work because it was annoying me so much. This dry formula felt horrible on my eyes and left a mess all over my face by the end of the day. 

I've seen so many great reviews for this mascara but I really don't understand why. I've never hated a mascara so much in my life. Safe to say, it's now in the bin. I'm disappointed to say the least and expected more from Rimmel, but after all I guess this is a relatively cheap mascara. 
SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments:

  1. Great post!

    xx
    www.mariarubioblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using the same mascara for years now and I love it. Try it out! It is Loreal Voluminous Mascara (i like the carbon black shade). You will never have to worry about getting a bad mascara again.

    theaveragegirlchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good honest review Hun. To be honest I don't tend to like Rimmel mascara's, they never do work for me. Have you tried Maybellines The Rocket? That's my fave at the moment.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bought 3 of these exact mascaras and have such a love hate relationship with it. I love the way my lashes look after 2 or 3 coats however the consistency is quite wet in my opinion and I always end up with a thick black line on my eyelid which is not ideal! x

    demigeorgia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont usually go for rimmel mascaras and thank god for this post, thank you.
    http://itsaleyna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single message I get! x

BLOGSPOT & BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig