I got the Footner Exfoliating Socks in my goodie bag from the FABB Manchester event. After a long day of walking I came home and whipped these out, in hopes that they would make my feet feel just a little bit better! After all, it's always nice to treat your feet.
Footner promises that this product will leave you with baby soft feet after just one application. It reduces hard skin and cracked heels, removes any unwanted dead skin from your feet and it boasts that it's easy to use! And I have to say, it definitely does what it promises.
The socks come in a metal wallet which you have to open from the top. Once open and I'm sorry to say this but you are hit with the most awful smell - it really, really smells like nail varnish remover, only stronger. I did not like this at all, and I almost threw the whole thing in the bin, but I'm glad that I didn't.
After getting over the horrendous smell (really though, why couldn't Footner of made it more fragrant?) I took the socks out of the packaging. The socks I found to be a bit strange. Two plastic bags full of foul smelling water/product. They were absolutely SOAKED in this that I got it everywhere, all over my bed and floor, which left my room stinking for the next few nights. I was not a happy bunny. Needless to say I followed the instructions and popped the socks on my feet.
How to Use
Remove any products such as nail polish from your feet prior to use.
1. Using scissors, cut the plastic sock along the indicated line.
2. Slip the plastic Footner Exfoliating Socks over your feet and use the adhesive strap (sticker near the front of the sock) to close the top of the Footner Exfoliating Sock. Slip your own socks over the Footner Exfoliating Socks for a comfortable fit.
3. The Footner Exfoliating Sock should be worn for 60 minutes for the product to work effectively.
4. After 60 minutes remove the socks and wash your feet with warm water to remove the remaining gel.
5. 5 - 10 days after application the hardened and dead skin will begin to peel from your feet. The peeling effect can last roughly 2 weeks. Do not forcefully remove skin when peeling process starts as it may damage your skin.
I followed the instructions and left the bags on my feet for an hour. It took me a while to find a comfortable position where the socks would not fall off my teeny tiny feet, but I managed in the end. Then I washed my feet with warm water to make sure all of the product was off. I noticed my feet felt a lot softer and silkier so was happy with the results. But that isn't were it ends...
A few days later I was in the bath when I noticed (and I'm sorry this is gross) the skin peeling off my feet. And they were peeling a lot (once again, I'm sorry, so gross). I realised this was the product taking full effect on my feet and was very happy to see that it had actually worked. Now my feet are all fresh and lovely. No dead skin or anything!
This is a great product if you take away the awful smell and I do encourage you all to go and grab a packet or two of these to give your feet a much needed treat! You won't regret it!