Wheyhey Sugar-Free, Protein Ice Cream*

5 comments

Something a little bit different, but super delicious on Poptarts Beauty today. On Friday I received four tubs of ice cream from Wheyhey to test out, and it is without a doubt one of my favourite blogger mails of all time. Who doesn't love ice cream? Especially when it's good for you! 

Wheyhey is the world's first and best selling protein ice cream. The company was founded by best friends Damien Kennedy and Greg Duggan back in 2012. Having met at  University they quickly discovered a common interest in good nutrition, great food and even better bench pressing techniques. After respective stins as a GB basketball coach and fitness model, the duo dreamt up the idea of a great tasting ice cream that does you good.

Wheyhey ice cream has 20g of protein per pot. Protein is super important for your body, Wheyhey state that it is the building block for all human cells, the second most abundant component of the human body after water, and can help with everything from losing weight to muscle repair and skin anti aging! It also contains absolutely no sugar, whatsoever. All of their products are completely suitable for diabetics because they use a natural sweetener called Xylitol. 


At first, I must admit I was a little sceptical. I am a massive, massive sugar fan so the idea of eating something that is meant to be sugary but isn't was a little scary. To be honest, I wasn't really sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised after the first taste. Wheyhey ice cream tastes just like ice cream should, if not better. It was so creamy and yummy, that I found myself trying to share the ice cream with everyone in my family just to see what their thoughts were. The four tubs of ice cream where devoured within 24 hours of arriving at my front door and everybody commented on how tasty and creamy it was. My favourite flavour was definitely chocolate, it had such a rich taste that literally melted in my mouth. 

Aside from being delicious, Wheyhey ice cream comes with loads of benefits. We all know that protein is good for our bodies and general health, and winding down from a work out could be so much more fun and beneficial to your health with tasty protein ice cream - not getting enough protein into your diet can lengthen recovery time after a work out, can cause muscle weakness and suppress your immune system. Not only this, but Wheyhey ice cream can be used to help you lose weight. Upping your protein intake can make you feel fuller for longer and help you cut snack cravings. The protein consumed in Wheyhey's ice cream will slow the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream, which helps with maintaining a stable blood sugar level, essential to weight management. Being healthy definitely does not need to be boring. 

I'm really impressed with this ice cream, and would definitely have this over my usual sugary ice cream any day. It makes a fantastic snack, especially on these warm summer days that we've been having recently. 

You can get Wheyhey's products at most health stores, including Holland & Barrett, you can also purchase their ice cream at Odeon cinemas! Be sure to check out their website as well.

SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments:

  1. Oooo they look good!

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound yummy! Fab review! If you like healthy ice cream you should try Booja Booja Hunky Punky Chocolate ice cream. It's dairy free, only made with 4 ingredients & tastes gorgeous! You can find it in Holland and Barrett.

    Kelly x

    http://thebellevieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this looks SO up my street. Will be popping into Holland & Barrett's for a pot this weekend for sure! x
    Rosie
    www.everythingsrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of the protein shake taste, but these whey protein ice creams sound delicious! I love all sorts of ice cream flavours and I'm super tempted by these!

    Olivia x
    Beauty from the Fjord
    Huge Blog Anniversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really quite jealous of your gorgeous blog, and have been viewing it for quite some time. I'm 16 and recently got back into blogging and was wondering if you had any spear time to check it out, it's small, but personal:)
    dais-chain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single message I get! x

BLOGSPOT & BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig