Jerome Russell Bblonde Silver Toner*

2 comments

Having silver hair is pretty much the new "in" thing, and well...I love to jump on the bandwagon. Over the last few months I've had variations of grey hair, but never silver so when I was offered the chance to review Jerome Russell's Bblonde Silver Toner, I was SO up for it.

For use on pre-lightened and naturally blonde hair
Non permanent. No ammonia or peroxide.

Refresh and improve the condition of your hair whilst adding a stylish silver shade of colour. Easy to use and protects and conditions whilst colouring hair.

This colour toner adds soft silver tones that last up to 8 washes.

I am a big, big fan of Jerome Russell products, in fact their Bblonde range was what I originally used all those years ago to get my hair from its natural black colour to the blonde I am today. They are a fantastic brand and even if toners aren't your thing, I recommend that you check them out for bleaching and ombre-ing purposes. 

The packaging of this product makes the toner look an almost steel colour, more light grey than silver, but that's the look I've been dying for (whoever decided that granny hair was in, was so on point!) Though with toners it all depends on the shade your hair is when you apply it. My shade was a light honey blonde before I tried this product but I do think it would work 100 times better on bleached white hair or a natural light blonde shade. 

To start off with, this toner is a lot like most other silver/white toners on the market in that it's purple/lilac in colour. The purple colour promises to tone down yellow shades in your hair, and hopefully, if you're the right shade of blonde, turn your hair into a silver unicorn (What?) You get a lot of product in the tiny little bottle - it's actually decieving how much you get. To put it into perspective, my hair reaches past my chest (chebs) and I managed to cover the lot. For extremely thick hair I would recommend getting two though! 


I left this product on for around 20 minutes because I wanted to make sure it was going to work. My hair was probably a little too dark for the toner to work properly, but it did definitely lighten my hair and tone down the nasty yellow tones. There are strands of silver running through and to be honest, it looks super pretty. It's not completely silver, it seems to have a few different tones - silver, white and grey. I actually love it!

I think that this is a brilliant toner, but if I were to use it again then I would definitely make sure my hair is at least one shade lighter for the full effect. Nevertheless, I'm extremely happy with how my hair looks.
SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, the product looks great but your hair is gorgeous !! Xxx Check out my latest blog post at http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk !! Xx followers are desperately needed xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw this sounds great! my hair is too dark to use but I'm in love with silver toners.

    xoxo
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single message I get! x

BLOGSPOT & BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig