Bourjois - Bronzing Powder & Highlighter

1 comment

My obsession with contouring is bordering on insane - it's a hard life having a super round face and absolutely no cheekbones - but whilst I'm still learning how to make my face look amazing, I'm always on the lookout for products that will give me an extra bit of help. 

Bourjois' Bronzing Powder & Highlighter (or Délice de Poudre if you're going off it's real, much fancier name) is one of those products that I've had my eye on for such a long time, but never got around to buying it. But with my Topshop contouring cream going missing somewhere in the depths of my bedroom, I thought I might as well take the plunge. 

Firstly this product is packaged so nicely! I love the idea of duos and wish that drugstore brands would bring more of these out because they are just so handy. The chocolatey coloured packaging really reflects the product inside and it's also small enough to pop in your handbag which is a bonus. Once you open up the packaging you'll find that these two powders smell a bit like chocolate! I've never known a powdery product to smell like anything other than powder so this was pretty impressive. 


As you can see, the powder is split into four chunks. Two for the bronzer and two for the highlighter. The bronzing powder is a gorgeous, shimmery brown that is perfect for shade for light-medium skin-tones. With some bronzers I've found that they can be slightly orange in colour but I didn't get that with this product. It's a warmish colour that is just cool enough to give the perception of a shadow on the cheeks, adding definition without going over board. One thing I noticed was that the shimmer did not transfer onto the cheeks, which is slightly misleading but not that big of a deal - I prefer matte shades anyway.  Personally I think that it gives my face a natural tan appearance if applied lightly though it can be built up for more of a contour. 

I'm still not 100% sure about the highlight shade. It is a very white colour, that barely seems to show up on my skin. I really have to build it up to get even a hint of highlight, and I have a very pale skin tone. It's very subtle unless you spend some serious time on it which can be a bit annoying if you are in a rush. 

Overall I'm really enjoying using this product! I really do love a two-in-one, it just saves so much room in my makeup bag and on top of that it also saves money. What do you think? Have you ever used it?
SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment:

  1. I was super lucky to get this in Jane from British Beauty Bloggers beauty box. I've been using this religiously recently and I love it. I have a round face, that's super podgy and my cheek bones are somewhere in there but not visible lol. I use it more so for giving me a bit of a glow and the highlighter is an added bonus. It also smells amazing! xx

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single message I get! x

BLOGSPOT & BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig