A Serious Post About Blogging

2 comments
I don't really know how to start this because it's quite hard to be honest, not just with you, but with myself. It's a subject that for the last year or so has been a bit of a sore subject for me. I started this blogging thing as a casual hobby, something to get me through University. It was something I enjoyed whole-heartedly, I used to rush home from work or from my classes with a bag full of Superdrug's finest makeup products and I'd sit down for hours and hours of blog post writing and social networking with people I considered my equals. I suppose when I started blogging it was an easier time for me - no real commitments, very few friends. Blogging quickly became a job for me, but a job I loved - one where I got to work with some of the greatest of beauty companies. I got to work with my online best friends and I was honestly so, so happy with the blogging community for around 2-3 years.  

Over the last year I have honestly become disheartened with blogging. For those who have been with me since the start, you'll know that I used to blog daily - these days it's hard for me to even write more than five posts a month. I feel lost within a community which at one point I felt wanted me there. But now I can't help but feel like I no longer belong here. Friends who started blogging around the same time as me, have far surpassed me - their blogs becoming more and more popular whilst I allowed my flame to flicker out. My brain registering competition, but not wanting to bother. It should never feel like a competition. If you are doing this for that reason, you're doing it all wrong. 

I wish I knew how to fix it. I wish I knew how to get my blogging mojo back, but no matter what I do and however hard I try, my fingers just don't want to type. It's not even like I don't care about what I write about anymore, because I do. I'm still just as into beauty products, and I'm still keeping up to date with trends. But my desire to report it has gone - after all, what's the point of putting your opinion out there if you feel like nobody will read it anyway? 

At this moment in time, I feel like I have exhausted all of my outputs and I think that I am probably going to take a long break from blogging. Hopefully, one day, something will make me change my mind and I can get back to where I was just over a year ago.

SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Aw this is so sad to read! It is so tough nowadays with the overwhelming competition! I find that those who are blogging for competition and money are demoralising the very nature of blogging that we love. I feel lost in the huge community too because there are so many blogs out there too! If I was you, I wouldn't feel pressured to put out posts if you don't feel like it. Have a think about what YOU want to get from your blog? Maybe take a break if that's what you feel like. Maybe re-vamp your blog to try and inspire yourself? I don't know, only you can really know/find out. Most importantly though, you need to know that there are people who read your blog! I love your blog! And so do many other people. Hope you get your mojo back!
    Take care :)
    Katie x x

    www.littlekaatie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally feeling you :)

    It's so difficult not to play the 'numbers game' in blogging- and when you see your friends have great success- you inevitably ask 'but why isn't it me?'.

    The thing I find so hard is being competitive- as that is 100% the opposite of what I'm about and consequently I don't push myself- but I still find it cathartic to blog even when no-one reads what I've written.

    I hope you enjoy your break- however long or short it is- you may miss blogging....you never know!!!
    x

    www.honeybelleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single message I get! x

BLOGSPOT & BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig